PCJCR Suggested Reading List
Organization: Pardes Center for Judaism and Conflict Resolution
- New Must Read: Kaminsky, Howard. Fundamentals of Jewish Conflict Resolution, Academic Studies Press, 2017.
- Eilberg, Amy. From Enemy to Friend: Jewish Wisdom and the Pursuit of Peace, Orbis, 2014.
- Eisen, Robert. The Peace and Violence of Judaism: From the Bible to Modern Zionism, Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Firestone, Reuven. “Judaism on Violence and Reconciliation: An Examination of Key Sources.” Beyond Violence: Religious Sources of Social Transformation in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Ed. James L. Heft. New York: Fordham University Press, 2004, pp. 74-87.
- Gopin, Marc. Between Eden and Armageddon, Oxford, England: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Gopin, Marc. “Judaism and Peacebuilding.” Religion and Peacebuilding Eds.Harold Coward and Gordon S. Smith. Albany: State University of New York Press, 2004.
- Kahn-Harris, Keith. Uncivil War: The Israel Conflict in the Jewish Community. David Paul Books. 2014.
- Kaminsky, Howard. Constructive Conflict in Jewish Tradition: Macḥloket L’shem Shamayim, “A Dispute for the Sake of Heaven”. Jewish Day of Constructive Conflict Occasional Paper, Pardes, Jerusalem, 2013, pp. 10-18.
- Kaminsky, Howard. Traditional Jewish Perspectives on Peace and Interpersonal Conflict Resolution. New York: Teachers College, Columbia University, 2005.
- Kelson, Jon. “Biblical Mediation: Conflicting Interpretations in the Bible as Conflicting Narratives in Society.” Teaching the Bible in Transition: Final Paper. August, 2006.
- Roness, Michal, ed. “Conﬂict and Conﬂict Management in Jewish Sources.” Program on Conﬂict Management and Negotiation. Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel, 2008.
- Roth, Daniel. “The Peacemaker in Jewish-Rabbinic and Arab-Islamic Traditions.” Journal of Religion, Conflict and Peace. Spring, 2011.
- Roth, Daniel. “Talmudic Mediation: Conflicting Interpretations of the Talmud as Conflicting Needs in Society.” Text & Texture, Nov. 2009.
- Roth, Daniel. The Ninth of Adar: The Day Constructive Conflict Turned Destructive. Jewish Day of Constructive Conflict Occasional Paper, Pardes, Jerusalem, 2013, pp. 1-9.
- Sacks, Jonathan. The Dignity of Difference: How to Avoid the Clash of Civilizations. London: Continuum, 2003.
- Schimmel, Solomon. Wounds Not Healed by Time: The Power of Repentance and Forgiveness. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press. 2002.
- Steinberg, Gerald M. “Jewish Sources on Conflict Management Realism and Human Nature.” Conflict and Conflict Management in Jewish Sources. Ed. M. Roness. Ramat Gan: Bar Ilan University, Program on Conflict Management andNegotiation, 2008, pp. 10-23.
- Wiesenthal, Simon. The Sunflower: On the Possibilities and Limits of Forgiveness. Schocken, 2018.